Will, Levi and Max

Will, Levi and Max
Photo by http://ashleysportraits.com/

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Shaking with excitement!

It is now the day I go in to get the blood test from the doctor. I was nervous. What if the HPT's were wrong and we got our hopes up for nothing. I get to the doctor as early as I can for the blood draw. The nurse asked if I cheated (they don't like you too because false negatives are common). I admitted that we cheated and that it was positive two days ago. She was very excited as it's rare to have a false positive. She was also surprised how early it showed positive and was excited to get my HCG levels back that afternoon to see what was going on.

I left the doctor and was nervous waiting for the results of the blood test. They told me I should expect them in the early afternoon. I had lunch plans with my mom and of course I get the call as soon as we sit down. I lied to my mom and told her I had to go to the bathroom so I could take the call. The results were positive and my HCG level was 399 (in the office earlier I was told normal was around 150.)! The nurse that called me said with such high numbers to expect multiples! I then scheduled an ultrasound for 3.5 weeks later to see what was cooking.

When I went back to the table continue my lunch with my mom I was shaking and couldn't eat. I had to lie to my mom and tell her I had a stomach ache and didn't feel well. We didn't want to tell anyone until we saw an ultrasound with a good heartbeat.

As soon as I left lunch I called Dale and told him the numbers. He said "OH MY GOSH THERE'S FIVE ISN'T THERE!" I assured him that by my conversation with the nurse to expect twins. We were happy with that and very nervous and excited and knew it would be a long 3.5 weeks.

Oh and by the way, we received this news exactly 4 years after Dale and I started dating!

1 comment:

  1. I can't beleive she kept this from me! :-) She actually told me the second time they did it, it still didn't work.

    I was well worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete