So yesterday we had to take Levi and Max to the doctor for their congestion and wheezing. They were put on antibiotics and have to have nebulizer treatments for a few days. Will seemed fine besides his nose running occasionally. Well we got back from the doctor and my father-in-law was holding Will. I thought maybe he just woke up, but my father-in-law said that Will didn't feel good and has been coughing and his nose was running a lot. WHAT! Go figure that would happen while at the doctor. He wasn't bad before I left and put him down for a nap. Well by the evening Will was running a 101.8 fever. Max and Levi never even ran a fever when theirs started. So now the doctor is closed and the one child that wasn't bad and we left home from the doctor is now in the worst shape. Anyway, we knew he was destined to get it and the doctor already told us that if we notice Will wheezing to give him a breathing treatment as well and to call her and she would call him out an antibiotic also. Well by 11 pm Will's fever wasn't budging much with meds and he was wheezing pretty hard so we had to put a call into our doctor. We had to give Will another breathing treatment then he woke up again at 4 am needing yet another one. He only had a slight fever today but you could tell they all still felt bad. They were whiny and wanted to be held. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, but I will expect the worst!!! It's so nerve wrecking having sick kids, especially when they breathe like that. One day they will be able to tell us what is wrong and maybe we won't be so over anxious!
So if my post isn't long enough I have to crab for a moment. The boys have RSV which is basically a cold, just more respiratory stuff (by what I understand). Well they have a vaccine for this that certain infants qualify for. Because the boys were 7 weeks premature they are under that qualification. So in September our pediatrician put their names in to get the vaccine. So why do they have RSV? Well that's because stupid insurance companies rule the world and denied them. Their reason for this was because they were able to get the flu vaccine. I'm not a doctor (and frankly neither is the insurance company so why should they have any say) but I think the Flu and RSV are different viruses. So anyway I HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES. I think if the doctor says you need something then insurance that you pay a fortune for should cover it. But instead here we are with three kids that are sick with something that could have been prevented. I think I may just write the insurance company a letter. Or better yet send them our sick kids to deal with! Anyway, I feel better now that I got that off my chest. Thanks for listening!
yeah it sucks when things like that happen. especially since insurance companies sometimes end up paying more for medicines, Dr. visits, and whatever else to get the kids healthy again.
ReplyDelete