Will, Levi and Max

Will, Levi and Max
Photo by http://ashleysportraits.com/

Monday, January 17, 2011

Three babies are sleeping.

Dale has been out of town on a skiing trip since Thursday so it's just been me and the boys for the past few days.  They have been adventurous to say the least, testing my every nerve.  My mother-in-law and I were putting the boys to bed tonight and Levi and insisted on bringing his Pillow Pet with him.  I put it in his bed and he laid on it holding his cow and covered up in his blankie.  He looked so precious!  Of course Will and Max then needed their Pillow Pet's as well so that they could be as precious as Levi was.  I was lucky enough to get a few pictures.  I will look at these when they start testing me again so that I remember how sweet they can be!  Anyway, it reminded me of one of my favorite poems that I thought I would share.  It is a poem that I found written by another mother of triplets.

It is the end of the day, three babies are sleeping
I sit in my chair, quietly weeping.
I am not crying because I've had no sleep
Or three times the laundry is piled waist deep.
I am not crying because I look three times the mess,
Three times the spit up, part of my everyday dress.
I am not crying because I've no time at all
To soak in a bath or shop at the mall.
Too tired to do dishes and forget even sweeping
I will sit in my chair and enjoy my weeping.

I am crying because it's the end of the day
Three babies are sleeping, it's quiet this way.
It's time to look back on the way the day went
Three times the fun, look what heaven has sent!
Sure it is hard, we knew from the start
But the hard things get softened by the extra love in our heart.
Three little babies soft cuddly and sweet
Six little hands, and six little feet.
Six little arms that hug me real tight
And three little mouths to kiss me goodnight.
Three times the laughter and ten times the fun
Pity the parents that only have one!
The joy that I feel as I watch my three sleep
Is what makes my heart ache, and makes my eyes weep.

r.l.koontz


Levi 
Max 
Will

No comments:

Post a Comment