Will, Levi and Max

Will, Levi and Max
Photo by http://ashleysportraits.com/

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Potty Training!

The boys do not have school this week so for some crazy reason I decided that I should use these days to start potty training.  I have been dreading this since the boys were born.  The reason it has taken this long to start is been because I am terrified!  I want a magic potty fairy to sprinkle their dust on the boys and that be the end of it, but we all know it doesn't work that way.  Since we had nothing going on this weekend, I decided to get a jump on the training and start today.  The boys woke up and I told them they could wear big boy underwear today!  Levi instantly stripped naked, went to the potty, peed, and chose his favorite pair of big boy underwear, for which he remained in until around 2:00 p.m. when he had his first accident, a poopy!  Then he chose another pair and remained accident free the rest of the day.  Something has got to be wrong, things never go smoothly for us.  I'm waiting to wake up!  I know it's still going to take work, but Levi was such a champ today.  I don't know how this could even be possible.  But then I remembered how the day had gone with Will and Max and I realize that God must be giving me an easy one because the other two are going to make me work for it.  Max and Will did not want to wear big boy underwear.  They wanted to wear their diapers.  Levi kept getting treats for going potty and he would show them to his brothers, which of course they wanted, but when I told them they had to go potty before they got a treat, they didn't care about the treat anymore.  Will attempted the potty a couple times with no success, but Max didn't even try.  I think I will still make them all wear underwear tomorrow and see what happens.  Maybe if they potty on themselves they'll be more aware of it.  If the morning goes terribly wrong, I think I will just back off and keep all my focus on Levi until they show more interest.  If Levi is a great as he was today then we will have 1 child out of diapers, and we can't complain about that!  (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't regress!)  I will update as this journey continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment