A blog from the shock of finding out we were having triplets to the fun we have every day raising them!
Will, Levi and Max
Photo by http://ashleysportraits.com/
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Saying Goodbye
Saturday afternoon, our dog Huck passed away in my arms on the river. He was 2 months shy of his 16th birthday. I got Huck when I was a senior in high school and we had a very special bond. Huck loved going on the boat and swimming. We knew Huck was deteriorating and were happy to finally get him out on the river both Friday evening and Saturday. He seemed to be more energetic on Saturday and was happy and smiling. We put him in for a short swim to Dale and then he sat next to me for a few minutes and we were both able to get a picture with him. After that he laid down on the boat. His breathing started to become slow and heavy and then eventually he wasn't responsive. I picked him up and held him in my arms. He looked up at me and we all got to say goodbye before he eventually took his last breath. It was as if Huck was waiting to do his favorite thing before he left. He had a very long and happy life. We will miss him dearly. I know it seems strange, but the house is very quiet without him. Something is just missing. He was a very special part of our family. We buried him at our property and are going to plant a Weeping Willow tree by his grave and have the boys make him a stepping stone. Here are our last pictures with our beloved Huck! We love you and miss you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This makes me so sad! I'm so glad he got out there one last time and that there were pictures!
ReplyDelete