For years I’ve been telling the boys (meaning Dale and the
kids) that I don’t want any presents for Christmas, I just want to do something fun together
that we normally wouldn’t do. Well they
surprised me this year by two days of fun.
We started off with brunch at Prasino followed by a painting session at
The Art Cellar of St. Charles. We each
got to choose what we wanted to paint.
We drank wine (the kids had sparkling grape juice) and painted. It was so much fun and the kids enjoyed it so
much. Afterwards we went to Embassy Suites in
Downtown St. Louis. We enjoyed the
indoor pool and hot tub and then went to dinner at Pi. (We’ve been wanting to try this for
years.) The following morning the boys
swam some more before we headed to Winterfest to ice skate under the arch. Now the pictures look cool, but it was a
complete disappointment. The so called
synthetic ice was just hard plastic and you could basically just walk on
it. We came, we saw, we conquered and we
learned our lesson! Max only went around twice and was so mad he sat on the bench the rest of the time. Will and Levi made the best of it! We then walked to
Ballpark Village since we had never been there and enjoyed some appetizers and
walked around. We were even able to see
the Winter Classic rink in Busch Stadium.
We finally headed home (so Dale could work the snow that was coming) and
the boys and I rented a movie and had gourmet hot chocolate. It was a great surprise. I will remember this time with my family far
longer than I would any present under the tree!
Max, Will and Levi
Max, Will and Levi
Max, Will and Levi taking a "wine" break
Will
Max
Levi
Mommy and Daddy
Daddy and Mommy
Will, Max and Levi
Max
Levi
Will
Daddy and Mommy's painting
Will, Max and Levi
Will, Max and Levi
Levi
Will
Daddy and Max
Will, Max, Mommy and Levi
Daddy and Mommy
Levi
Will
Will
Levi
Max, Daddy and Levi
Mommy and Will
Will
Levi
Max
Will, Max and Levi





























No comments:
Post a Comment