Will, Levi and Max

Will, Levi and Max
Photo by http://ashleysportraits.com/

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Where have we been?

Sick, sick and sick some more.  That is why there have been no new posts for a few weeks.  After we all finished our round of antibiotics from strep and ear infections it seemed we instantly all got sick again.  First I got strep again then while I was bed-ridden the boys were running low fevers and didn't feel well.  So back to the pediatrician and they all have ear infections.  Meanwhile I had this little red bump on the inside of my ankle that hurt and was getting worse.  I asked my doctor about it when he tested me for strep and he said he didn't think it was anything of significance and to ice it and rest.  The next day it swelled up like a balloon and I couldn't walk.  I went to a podiatrist and he didn't know what it was.  Treated me with anti-inflammatories and made a follow-up appointment.  Went back a few days later and he still didn't know what it was so I was sent to another specialist.  Anyway this can go on and on.  A few more doctor appointments, x-rays,  a MRI and blood work later they discovered that I had Erythem Nodosum which is a type of skin inflammation.  After the doctor researched it he found out that one of the leading causes of it is Strep.  Lucky me and my family who had to put up with me.  Needless to say my strep is gone and my foot is feeling better every day.  Meanwhile Will and Levi are doing great then Max, while still on antibiotic starts running a 102 fever.  Back to the doctor and he has an ear infection in his other ear.  So he is now on his third type of antibiotic.  Today was the first day he actually seemed like he was starting to feel better.  So now that the kids and I are starting to get healthy Dale has a terrible cold.  This is a great story I know!  So that has been the fun at the Hackmann house the past few weeks.  The sad thing is that we are not the only ones.  I think everyone has been going through this same thing.  Luckily it is officially spring, just hopefully we get and keep the spring weather. 

So enough of the depressing stuff and here are some pictures of what the boys have been up to.

Aunt Amber was babysitting and I guess she wore them out!

Our Amazing Acrobat of China-Levi

Max and his typical face when he sees the camera!
Will so proud of how big he is!
Racing!  Max, Will and Levi
Will standing on his own. 
Max dancing!
Levi in a very funny mood!
I hate putting more pictures of one kid over the other, but Levi was so cute I had to snap this picture and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment