Last Friday we went to Grant's Farm. The boys fell asleep on the way home and my brother and I put them into bed. I guess they decided that the 10 minutes they slept in the car was good enough and they refused to go back to sleep. I brought them downstairs and gave them a snack. They were bouncing off the walls so I crazily decided that we were all going to take a shower since we were sweaty and had animal germs all over us. That amazingly went well. So we head back downstairs in diapers since their clothes were in the laundry room. I realize Huck needed to go outside to potty. I take him outside as I do several times a day every single day. Huck does his business and we come back to the door, but it won't open! The boys locked me out! I have no keys, no phone, and since we were gone all day the laundry room door had been locked as well. I ran to my in-laws to call Dale (they don't have a spare key because we just switched locks and hadn't got a chance to make them a new one yet). He didn't answer so now I am in complete panic mode. I come back up and our neighbor Rex is knocking on our door. I tell him that they locked me out. We are looking at the boys through the window and there is Max completely naked running around the living room. As if I am not embarrassed enough, Levi and Will see Max and decided they wanted to be naked as well. They were all dancing and running around naked in front of the window as if they were laughing at me. Luckily Rex discovered the window in our office was unlocked and hoisted me through the 2 ft. by 1.5 ft. opening! I go unlock the door and let Rex in. I decide that I am putting the diapers back on the kids as to spare Rex from any more of their naked antics, but as soon as I would get one kids diaper on the next kid took theirs off again. Needless to say Rex came back later when Dale was home!
The funny thing is just a few days earlier Dale noticed the boys could lock the dead bolt. So why in the heck would I take the dog out that same door? I'll tell you why, because that's what I do every day and in the midst of the utter chaos that was already going on, the poor dog just needed to potty! This was not one of my finer moments, but the best thing about making mistakes is that you learn a few lessons. Here are the lessons I learned:
1. We need to get my in-laws a new spare key,
2. We need a fence,
3. Kids that refuse to nap have more energy than kids that take a nap,
4. God invented fruit snacks so parents could bribe their kids to listen, and finally
5. Mommy needs to make sure her liquor cabinet is always stocked! (Ha-ha!)
Here is a picture of the boys after I was able to round them up on the couch by bribing them with fruit snacks. They were naked, wild, and thought they were hilarious! After I gave them their fruit snacks I was finally able to get their diapers and clothes on!
I absolutely love this story, and agree 100 percent about the fruit snacks! And I think one two year old is difficult! Just reading your blog inspires me. You're a great mom!
ReplyDelete