Will, Levi and Max

Will, Levi and Max
Photo by http://ashleysportraits.com/

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The shocking news!


It's finally the day we go in for an ultrasound. I thought the time frame waiting to take a pregnancy test was long, but this last 3.5 weeks of waiting for the ultrasound has taken what seems like an eternity. And all the lies we have told people so they didn't know I was pregnant would finally be over today.


As we are heading to the doctor for the ultrasound Dale and I were talking about all possibilities. We were very nervous and excited. For some reason I had a feeling there weren't twins. I thought that there is either only 1 or there's three. Dale had a feeling there were going to be three. We arrived at the doctor for the ultrasound. "There's two" the doctor said. Dale was just about to say, few, I could have swore there were going to be three when the doctor said "no wait, there's three"! Dale and I just looked at each other in shock and laughed. Now all I wanted to see was three healthy heartbeats. As the doctor was going from baby to baby to check them out Dale and I just kept looking at each other going "OH MY GOSH". The ultrasound was over and all three babies looked great and had good heartbeats. I received some information from the doctor and a referral to a high risk specialist and we were on our way.


As soon as we got to the car I called my Aunt Regina. She was the only person that we told that we were pregnant. She referred me to her doctor and is why we now have three healthy babies in my womb. I'm so grateful for her referral! Anyway, my voice was shaking and I said "well Regina we just left the doctor, we are having triplets!" She giggled and was sooo excited and happy for us!


There was no way Dale and I were going to get anything done that day. Our parents were all at work, but we had to tell someone so we decided to stop by my grandmothers house on our way to vote! We walked in and I said "Grandma we have something to tell you that you must keep a secret, we are pregnant with triplets." She ran over hugged me and we cried. She said she would start packing her bags. (Several months earlier she predicted we were going to have triplets. I told her that if that happened she had to move in!)


The rest of the day took a while until our parents were finally off work to go tell them the good news. We went to my parents first because they were already home by 4:00 p.m. We just walked in and I just blurted out we are having triplets. They didn't believe us and then were so excited. My dad had to get Dale and him a beer and had to break out the whiskey so Dale and him could take three shots! I've never seen my parents so excited about anything! We then went and told my dad's parents before we headed to Dale's parents.


When we arrived at Dale's parent's house we just pulled in the middle of the driveway and went inside. Dale's mom wasn't home but we went ahead and just said to his dad and one of his sisters that we were having triplets. Of course they were very excited also! A few minutes later my mother-in-law walked in. Before she could say anything I said "we are having triplets" and her face completely lit up!


Everyone is so excited and we are grateful to have such a great family and support system. This is going to be an exciting journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment