Will, Levi and Max

Will, Levi and Max
Photo by http://ashleysportraits.com/

Monday, July 19, 2010

How Rude!

So there are no pictures with this post, just me venting so you can stop reading if you want. A teller at our bank retired and her last day was Saturday. She had not seen the boys and had been begging us to bring them by for her last day. We were more than happy to oblige. So there we are in the middle of the bank on a Saturday morning talking to the ladies that worked there and some random patron decided to ask me if I used IVF. First off, I was in the middle of a conversation and I can’t believe how rude she was to interrupt. Second off, if she were any louder I think the business next door would have heard. Lastly, and this is the big one, why the heck does she think this is an appropriate question and that it is any of her business. I just bluntly told her no, because I did not have to do IVF, but then she continued to talk to me about fertility and he life story for 20 minutes while we were trying to keep our 3 one-year olds from destroying the bank. This is not the first time this has happened and I am certain it won’t be the last, but my fertility is absolutely no one’s business but my own. I don’t care that our family and friends know we used fertility and I don’t mind talking about it, but not to some strange woman at the bank. Fertility issues are a very private matter. They are very stressful and emotional and under no circumstances do they need to be discussed in an entity such as a bank. Just because a person has multiples does not mean they used fertility, and just because a person has a singleton does not mean they didn’t use fertility. You don’t go asking every person with a child if they used fertility so why do people deem it appropriate to ask someone with multiples. They are all children and they are all blessings, whether fertility methods were used or not!

2 comments:

  1. Amen sista! I hate how there is no such thing as privacy. And to ask about something so personal! I would have given her a piece of my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have to use fertility, but I am asked the question a lot since my sets are so close to each other. Some people are just stupid and everyone is blessed in different ways.

    I do have a question for you though....how did you make there cakes....Can you email me at apohl0180@gmail.com

    Ann Meadows

    ReplyDelete