Last Thursday evening the boys started running fevers. They had been having runny noses and watery eyes due to which we guessed to be allergies. So on Friday we made the trip to the pediatrician's office to see what was going on. Well the boys had officially developed a bad case of Pink Eye, AGAIN! On top of that Levi had a very yucky sore throat and Will had an ear infection. They all looked terrible. Their eyes were very red with gunk coming out nearly every time they blinked. (I read that you can contract Pink Eye from wiping your snot upwards and getting it into your eye, which I am assuming is why they contracted it yet again.) Well we were home from the Doctor for an entire two minutes when Will was running up to the couch and our dog Sally just up and snapped at him biting him in his face. She gave him one little puncture on the nose and three little punctures under the eye as well as two significant scratches below both puncture wounds. This is the 3rd or 4th time that Sally has nipped one of the boys, this time having the most significant injuries. Not that they were major, but they easily could have been. So after careful consideration and a conversation with the veterinarian, Sally is now staying at my in-laws. We are going to see how she does away from the boys and how she acts around them when we come down for visits before we ultimately decide what to do. We are in the process of putting a fence in our yard and that could possibly help the situation because she could be outside, but she's done this before and I am afraid what will happen when she does it again. I feel terrible about the entire thing. Sally is a very sweet dog. I think she just can't handle the stress of three boys antagonizing her all the time and that she just may be one of those dogs that needs to be in a house without children. I feel like a bad dog mommy, but we also have to consider our boys and their safety. I hope whatever we ultimately decide, that Sally will be happy and less stressed.
Here is a picture of the aftermath. He has a scab on his forehead from a fall while playing outside a few days before, he has terrible pink eye, and then the bite wounds from Sally. He looks pretty miserable, but I promise he already looks much much better!

No comments:
Post a Comment