The past month or so has been quite an adventure when it comes to sleeping and napping. The boys have learned to crib hop and then eventually get out of their bed. We are able to subdue them for a while by moving their cribs apart a little bit. It was an obstacle to get through their room, but it worked for a little while. Well today it took them 3 hours to fall asleep at nap time. Every time I went up there they were out of their bed, then out of their bed and stripping, and this went on and on and on. They are able to climb on top of their cribs like they are some Ninja Warrior and it scares the crap out of me. They can so easily fall on their head and break their neck. So we made the ultimate decision that it was time to switch to the toddler beds. I have a feeling that our good nights of sleep are gone for a while, but at least I know they won’t be falling from 4 feet in the air. Dale took the fronts off the cribs tonight as the boys helped daddy get their “Big Boy Beds” ready to go. They were very excited, until it was time to actually go to bed. We let them cry it out for a while, but had to go in. They were all in Will’s bed smashing him. I had to sing to them, which finally bored Will to sleep. After about an hour I was finally able to leave while Max and Levi were still awake. Hopefully I won’t have to go back in there!
With this decision I became aware that I have never taken a picture of their Nursery. So here are a few pictures of their room before switching to toddler beds. Of course these pictures were just taken so the cribs have been chewed on, no not by beavers, but by 3 teething boys. The carpet has stains of formula spit up that I thought I had cleaned, but apparently cleaning spit up in the dark at 12, 3, and 6 a.m. just didn’t cut it! Their cute John Deere blankets with their names on them are no longer hanging sweetly over their cribs. Instead the blankets are ratty with holes chewed in them by Max (I will post on that another day). But, these are still pictures of their room that we can cherish forever!
From left to right: Will, Max then Levi's cribs.
From left to right: Will, Max then Levi's cribs.
BIG BOY BEDS!
Let the chaos begin! Levi, Will and Max!
Max, Levi and Will
Bedtime at last, Will, Max and Levi.
No comments:
Post a Comment