The boys had their first day of pre-school yesterday! They were very excited from the moment they woke up. They knew they were getting pancakes for breakfast, that they got to carry their backpacks and that they would get to go down the slide at school. As soon I got them dressed they had their backpacks on and were ready to go. When we arrived everything was great. They were out of the car, backpacks on, holding hands and then it happened, Max saw the slide and a tantrum was in our very near future. Max no longer wanted to do anything but go down the slide. Dale took Will and Levi in the classroom so I could deal with Max. Will and Levi were pro’s. They put their bags in their cubbies and were off to play like we weren’t even there. Max on the other hand clammed up and didn’t want anything to do with anything. He never really cried, just whined if we would try to get him to do something. Dale decided to go get his toy motorcycle out of the car to see if that would help. While Dale was gone Max all of a sudden wanted to put his bag in his cubby and put on his name tag. I thought we were good, then someone said something to him and he clammed up again. We gave him the motorcycle then the teacher just took him to start doing his project and that was that! It was such a blur for me. I didn’t get any pictures of them in school because I was dealing with Max and when the teacher took him I had to sneak out while Dale was distracting Will. (Will was fine playing he just saw us start to leave so Dale decided to redirect him before we left to prevent upsetting him.) I watched through the window for a second and my eyes started to welt up, but then Dale came out and I was ok. Dale and I ran some errands until it was time to pick them up. They were excited to see us and tell us about their day. I asked each of them what their favorite part was. Will said “sang songs”, Max said “go down slide” (go figure), and Levi said “play with trains”. They had a lot of fun at school and can't wait to go again!
Front to back: Levi, Will and Max
Max, Levi and Will
Will
Max
Levi
Will
Max
Levi
Levi and Will
Max
Max, Levi and Will
Walking into school! Levi, Daddy, Will and Max











I'm tearing up reading this too! Such big boys!
ReplyDelete