Will, Levi and Max

Will, Levi and Max
Photo by http://ashleysportraits.com/

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

And yet, there is more choas!

Sometimes I don't know why I post some of these things for everyone to see because frankly it is getting embarrassing.  I make the blog into a book once a year so the boys have their stories for when they get older, so for the sake of my children I will share my embarrassment.  So it's Monday morning, I am trying to get some cleaning done before the boys get up.  I am cleaning the last bathroom and I finally hear them.  I go into their room to say good morning and give them hugs and kisses.  Levi walks into the hallway as I am talking to Max and Will.  All of a sudden Levi shuts the door...and LOCKS it!  (The lock is on the outside of the door because a few weeks ago they locked themselves in, even with the child safety door handle on so we had to turn it around.)  I am immediately panicking.  I am trying to get Levi to unlock the door, but he is crying hysterically.  Max and Will are just screaming "eat breakfast".  I am scouring their room for something to try to unlock the door with, but because they are my children and they destroy everything, there is absolutely nothing in their room.  I finally found a baby safety pin so I straighten in out to try and unlock it, no such luck.  My only option is the window.  Did I mention their room is on the 2nd level?  I pulled the screen out, lectured the boys for several minutes to stay away from the window and to never do this, then tied some of their PJ's to my feet so maybe the fall would hurt a little less.  It took me a good twenty minutes to work myself up to doing it, but I crawled out the window and scaled down the house.  I was prepared for broken bones, but I came out of it with only a few bruises.  Now I am outside, but of course the house is locked.  I hoist myself up through the window downstairs, grab the keys, unlock the door and finally take a sigh of relief.  I went upstairs to find Levi curled in a ball in the dark hallway all puffy from crying.  I open the door calm everyone down and call Dale. He is laughing and I start crying.  Now I need to take my phone, a key to the house, a key to the interior doors, and a ladder with me everywhere I go.  I swear I must be an idiot for this crap to keep happening to me.  I always think of my life as the theme song to "The Cat in The Hat Knows A Lot About That"!  I wake up every morning and sing it.  "Here we go go go go, on an adventure!"

2 comments: