So Friday after staying in bed all day we went to dinner for Dale's birthday at Fast Eddie's. I had a stool with a back and thought I would be fine for a couple of hours. By the time our food was ready I was not feeling well and knew I should go home. I only made it about 1.5 hours. I didn't want to ruin Dale's birthday so I went home with my parents to their house to lay down until they came home and could pick me up on the way. On the way to my parents house my stomach starting cramping. I know that is one of the warning signs of pre-term labor but also knew I just ate. My stomach continued cramping for a couple of hours and by the time I was picked up the cramping was becoming severe and I was feeling a lot of pelvic pressure. I broke out my book and the pelvic pressure is another sign of pre-term labor. I called my doctor's exchange and they wanted me to come in to be evaluated in labor and delivery. Dale was clueless and passed out from celebrating his birthday so I called my in-laws to have one of them take me to the hospital and called my parents to have them meet me there.
My father-in-law drove me to the hospital and my parents arrived a few minutes later. I was immediately put on a contraction monitor and IV fluids. I was in fact having quite a bit of contracting. I was also give an exam which showed a lot of pelvic pressure. I was immediately given a shot to calm my uterus down to stop the contractions and was informed that I was going to be admitted. An ultrasound exam was then performed to check the babies-which were all fine! My dad and my father-in-law now went home to hopefully get a few hours of sleep (it was now 3:00 a.m.) and my mom stayed with me for the rest of the night. I was moved to a different room and was given another shot and had to continue to IV fluids and the monitor for the contractions.
The doctor arrived around 10:30 on Saturday morning and I was doing a lot better. There was not near as much pelvic pressure and the contractions had really calmed down. I was taken off the monitor and was to be monitored for an hour here and there. I was also taken off the IV and had to make sure I took in enough fluids on my own. I had to stay at least over night and then see what would happen the next morning. Dale finally arrived at the hospital shortly after that. His face was priceless because both of our parents were in the room when he came in! Of course the one night he decides to let loose I go into the hospital. He promised he wasn't going to drink for the rest of the pregnancy, but we'll see if that lasts!!! I don't think the poor guy is going to live this down anytime soon!!! He stayed with me the remainder of the day and overnight. I think that fact that he was there with me really helped and I was able to sleep like a rock.
Sunday morning the doctor came in and examined me again. He didn't feel any pelvic pressure and since I had done very well the night before he was going to release me, but he wanted me to be on the contraction monitor for a while first. Of course I am put on the monitor and was having contractions, but they only lasted about 15 minutes then subsided. I was able to go home on modified bed rest and will be evaluated again on Thursday at my doctor's office.
I am now at home and on modified bed rest which means off my feet with minimal activity. It's very weird having to ask everyone to do things for me. My in-laws were over before we got home getting the house cleaned up so that I would be comfortable. My parents and my grandmother then came over and helped with laundry and other little things. (My poor mom had to trim my toe nails since I can't go get a pedicure anymore... Thanks mom!!!) Then everyone stayed for dinner. Writing this post is my little bit of activity that I can have for the morning and I am now going to move to the couch for a while. I am thankful I am home and that nothing was seriously wrong. I'm also glad that I followed my instinct and didn't talk myself out of calling the exchange Friday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment