Will, Levi and Max

Will, Levi and Max
Photo by http://ashleysportraits.com/

Friday, February 6, 2009

21 Week Appointment

First off Happy Birthday to Dale! He is 26 today! I love you babe!

We had our 21 week appointment yesterday. We were very anxious for this appointment because of the contractions I was having a few weeks ago with back pain. We had an ultrasound first and the babies look great. They each weigh around 1 pound which the doctor said was perfect. The first three pictures on the left are Baby A, the top two on the right are Baby B and the bottom picture on the right is Baby C. Baby A of course was waving again and Baby C was moving around like crazy. As you can see he moved around so much you can't even tell what his picture is of! They then did a cervical ultrasound and they noticed my cervical length has shortened. I was now nervous.

We then had to wait to see the doctor for an hour and a half. Dale was getting quite impatient, but everyone had to wait as long as us. We were thinking he must of had a delivery in the morning that put him behind schedule. The doctor had a lot to tell us. First off I am sick with some sort of cold/respiratory infection. He put me on a Z-pack so that we can knock it out. He then talked about the shortening cervical length. This is always a concern because it is a sign of pre-term labor. My length is certainly good, but because it has shortened quite a bit in two weeks he wants to start treating it now. I have been apparently having contractions quite a bit for the past few weeks. He put me on a medicine that will help stop the contractions. I take this for two days then skip a day and start over. The babies also have quite a bit of amniotic fluid which this medicine will help reduce. (I thought it was good to have that, but I guess not.) I am 21 week and am measuring at 31 weeks, which is ahead of schedule, he said that was because of the large amniotic fluid. So I probably won't grow as rapidly in the next few weeks. He also told me that I need to be laying down for at least half of the day now. I should be laying down for at least 16 hours a day. So basically I am on limited bed rest. I feel very nervous now and realize that sometimes I do try to do too much. But, the doctor didn't seemed too concerned, he just wants to fix the problem so that it does not get worse which we really appreciate. I don't want to be in the hospital for the rest of the pregnancy! So in bed for half the day it is!

So after the 3 hour doctor appointment we went to look at a Yukon XL we found on the Internet. It was perfect, in great shape and they gave it to us for the price we wanted! We are now proud owners of a 2003 GMC Yukon XL. We officially have a kid vehicle! We are very excited about it!

Finally I will post the names we have decided on.

William Dale (He will go by Will)
Max Leon
Levi Joseph

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DALE!!!! Wow 26 it must be nice to young and spry. Good luck Misti with all of your stuff. If there is anything I can do you just let me know. Even if it is cooking a meal or something. I am here to help anyway I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so happy everything is good.glad your home and feeling good.you take care of all of you.my prayers are with you.love jeanette

    ReplyDelete