My appointment today was pretty uneventful. I had my glucose test and it tasted like a melted orange Popsicle, so not too bad. I won't get the results until at least tomorrow. We then had another ultrasound. The boys all look good. We didn't get pictures again because they are getting too big and they look like just a jumble of parts! Occasionally we see something clearly, like today we saw baby B stretch out his legs and his legs and feet were so cute! I can't wait to see them for real. (Okay boys, again I really can wait, so stay in there for 7 more weeks please!) My cervical length shortened slightly (only 2 mm) so they weren't concerned. After today I have officially seen every doctor in the office. The doctor I saw today is apparently the boss and he doesn't really practice the same way as the other doctors. He doesn't believe in taking meds for contractions, etc. so we had to keep things on the down low.
That brings me to my complaint. I have not seen my actual doctor since before I went into the hospital the first time, which was at least 6 weeks ago. My nurse practitioner said that their boss changed the schedule so that one doctor is on labor and delivery in the hospital and another other in the office. How is that fair to any one's patients. It's not and they hate the new schedule and are trying to get it changed back. But for now, it really sucks for all the patients. I am not the only one that is upset about this. My doctor is actually on vacation this week, which he has every right to be, but what about the other 5 weeks. Things are getting too close that I don't want to be pushed from doctor to doctor anymore. I want to know what to expect the next 7 weeks and I want to hear it from my doctor as every doctor will have their own expectations. Supposedly I am to see my doctor next week. If that changes, I will find the boss is (he's the doctor we met with today) and complain. I will be super upset if my doctor can't deliver my babies. My NP reassured me last week that my doctor keeps track of what is going on with me and if they can't get their schedules changed that they will tweak with things the best they can so that my doctor will be the one delivering the boys. I hope she is right.
Okay I will stop complaining now, it's just frustrating. I'm sure all you women understand. Other than that I feel good about today's appointment. Let's hope for another good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment