Well they originally they forgot to schedule me this week so I had to be squeezed in today instead of my original Thursday appointment. But as it turns out I have to go back Thursday anyway. So here's the story from today. The ultrasound was good. My cervical length is about the same only shortening slightly and it is still only very slightly open. The boys all look good and it looks like they are packing on some weight. I just can't wait to kiss their chubby cheeks! (They look chubby in the ultrasound anyway.)
After the ultrasound we saw my doctor. He said that I had protein in my urine which is new for me. This can mean 1 of 2 things, either I have a bladder infection or I have pre-eclampsia. The protein levels were pretty high, but he said that they can vary with each specimen. My blood pressure is higher than normal but not high. One of the medicines I am on for contractions could actually lower my blood pressure so he is still concerned. I have been feeling lightheaded and faint which can also be from pre-eclampsia. So I had to be tested for a bladder infection, get some blood work, and I will collect my urine for 24 hours so that it can be tested for protein levels again and then I will go back to see him on Thursday. He told me to bring my jammies because most likely I will not be coming home. He is still concerned with pre-term labor as well because my contractions are getting stronger and Baby C's fluid pocket was low. I will get another ultrasound on Thursday to check the fluid pockets again. Again, the medicine for the contractions could be the reason for the low fluid pockets so my meds were adjusted slightly.
So there could be potential of delivering earlier than expected if I do have severe pre-eclampsia or if there is more concern about a low fluid pocket. Since that is the case I will fell better if I am in the hospital. As for the next two days I am going to just try and enjoy being home and cuddling up to my dogs and try not to worry about anything. The doctor is keeping a careful eye on me so at least that is reassuring and Dale and I are still hopeful that we will make it to 34 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment