A blog from the shock of finding out we were having triplets to the fun we have every day raising them!
Will, Levi and Max
Photo by http://ashleysportraits.com/
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Frustrated!
It all started yesterday when I had another ultrasound and had to have my lady bits checked up in the office. There were some changes as I am now dilated about 1 cm. I felt really sore and crampy afterwards but by the afternoon I was okay. I then started contracting a lot last night and had to get a Terbutaline shot. That calmed the contractions down until around 5 a.m. Yesterday was an off day on one of my contraction meds so that could be the reason why, but I started that med back up at midnight. It does take several hours for it to get in my system, but I was still contracting a lot late this morning. So the doc checked me out and there were no changes with my lady bits from yesterday so that was reassuring. If there were any changes then delivery may have had to happen. So I had to have another Terbutaline shot early this afternoon. The shots make me very shaky and feel crazy and so of course I've been frustrated and had a crying day. I am starting to feel much better now though. The contractions have calmed down a lot with the Terbutaline and I am starting to feel more confident again. I get so frustrated when I start contracting like that because it is so scary to not know what is really going to happen. I wish the doc could just give us a date for the c-section so that date could be a goal, but I know that he can't do that because every day there could be a new challenge. For now the doc thinks he can keep me pregnant for a while longer. How long is a while, who knows, but we do know that with every day I am pregnant is one less day the boys will be in the hospital. I just have to keep telling myself that it's almost here and to just make it through one day at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment