Well I went in for my other appointment yesterday and it made me very nervous. It started with a Biophysical Profile ultrasound. (This checks for things like movements, breathing, fluid pockets, heartbeats, and blood flow). Baby C still had low fluid and his bladder wasn't showing which meant it was empty. We saw one of my doctor's partners as my doctor was quite busy delivering another set of triplets. (The delivery went well and all baby's look great he says! Congrats to them! I can't believe it will be us very very soon!) His partner said that my blood pressure was high and I still had proteins in my urine so preeclampsia is what it what ultimately looking like. I was taken off all of my contraction meds because one will lower the fluid pocket in the babies and the other could mask high blood pressures and they wanted to see if my pressures were actually high. I was then admitted to the hospital where I saw another of my doctor's partners. He basically said the same thing and ordered steroids for the baby's lung development, which come in the form of 2 shots in 2 days. The rest of the afternoon went fine with not too much action (besides the steroid shot in my but....ouch!!!). Not too many contractions and my pressures were staying in the normal range. I was hooked up to the contraction monitor around 9 pm as that is when I notice my most intense contractions. Well I ended up having to stay on it all night because I was contracting a lot. I didn't sleep much even with a sleeping aid. I received a shot of Terbutaline and I was put back on the Nefedipine since my pressures had been normal. I contracted quite a bit until mid morning.
I saw my doctor just a little while ago. He did ultrasound and Baby C's fluid pocket looked good. He also said that I had a bladder infection. This is actually good news. The bladder infection could be why I had proteins in my urine and could be what is triggering everyone to think I have preeclampsia. He said my pressures are still creeping up from what I typically have so they will keep watching it closely. They are treating my bladder infection with antibiotics so hopefully that will fix itself very soon. The bladder infection could also be why I was contracting so much overnight. He also told me the steroids will increase my contractions for the next 2-3 days. So all in all I feel so much better. I was very nervous that we would have to deliver this weekend. I pray that things keep under control so I can make it another 2 to 4 weeks. He said more than likely I won't make it to my 34 week goal, but he will be optimistic and say there is a chance I will. I have another biophysical ultrasound today at 1:45 so hopefully all looks good there as well. If it does, I can be taken off IV fluids and then I can shower, YEAH!!! Hopefully tonight I will get a much better night's sleep also.
Just make sure you remember to relax. I know it's hard to stay there for a while but be sure you relax both physically and mentally. and before you know it, you'll have 3 beautiful little boys. I'll even come and give you a massage if that'll help! I'll visit you soon. Hang in there!
ReplyDelete