This past week has been really long. Every day since Tuesday there seemed to be another issue. I've had to have Terbutaline shots several times for contractions, the last being last night, and on the day that I didn't need terbutaline (Thursday) the boys were not cooperating with the ultrasound. I had to spend a couple of hours upstairs in ultrasound and then came back to my room only to have my doctor come in and try ultrasound again, and then again after that. Babies A and C were not practicing breathing. This is something that is only done by them sporadically so it doesn't mean that anything is wrong, but in order for me to pass the Biophysical Profile, the boys needed to practice breathing or they needed to pass a non stress test. So after hours of attempting to see A and C practice breathing, I was finally hooked on the monitors for the non stress test for them. They thankfully passed which gave them a passing score on their Biophysical Profile. Now I have to do non stress tests daily. Today is the first day since Tuesday that I am not having bad contractions and everything seems to be calm. I know I need to knock on wood, because I think it's the calm before the storm. I've been so exhausted this past week with contracting so much that it was so nice that I actually got some sleep last night. And I'm actually in pretty good spirits today. (This is also the first day I have not cried since Monday.) My doctor said that I would be miserable at the end, and he hit the nail on the head with that one. Again though, I just need to keep saying that each day they are in me is one less day for them to be in the hospital. We are getting pretty excited that it is going to happen soon though and we can't wait to see what they will look like.
I was 32 weeks on Thursday which is an excellent milestone. I have posted my 32 week belly picture along with a picture my mom took this afternoon of me using my belly as a holder for my drink. Ignore my face as I do not have make-up on and can get pretty scary looking, especially on those crying days!!!
Also, thanks to everyone for their visits, phone calls, e-mails and flowers! They really help with trying to get through these next few days to weeks until I deliver! We really appreciate everything from everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment