So I've been in the hospital for 1 week and 1 day so far. Hopefully we can make it another 3. Things have pretty much been up and down. I have a bad day and then I can have a good day. Good news is that preeclampsia has been taken out of the equation. Bad news is that pre-term labor contractions have gotten worse. Yesterday they wouldn't stop and they were getting concerned, but I was finally able to calm down with a shot of terbutaline. I was put back on the indocin because fluid pockets look great. I can continue that up until 33 weeks as long as it keeps me under control. I was still contracting a lot this morning, but my Doctor seems to think we can calm this down for a little while longer. Hopefully he is right. There's not much else to say about it, except really it's a day by day thing. Each day I wake up still pregnant is a good day. As far as mentally I am doing okay. I've had one bad emotional day, but I am trying to stay positive. I've had lots of visitors and that always cheers me up. I can do this, only 3 more weeks!
SPECIAL CARE NURSERY
Dale and I were able to tour the special care nursery the other night and I met with one the the pediatricians this morning. There are very strict rules for the nursery and even when we first bring the boys home. The nursing staff in the nursery is amazing. They are very protective of the babies they take care of. Dale and I will have access to the nursery 24 hours a day except during reporting times between 6:30-7:30 am and pm. We can call anytime to check on them or come in any time. We can only bring 1 person at a time in the nursery to see the babies, but unfortunately this is limited to immediate family only. They do not let a lot of people in and out of the nursery because of the babies fragile little bodies. If they are doing well and are put in cribs, then we may be able to put them in front of the window for all to see, otherwise pictures will have to do. Only Dale and I and grandparents will be allowed to hold them in the nursery and we can put grandparents on a list so that they can be allowed in the nursery when we are not there. They do not allow a lot of people to hold them because of how fragile they are and being exposed to that many different people will put a lot of stress on them. Even when they come home we will have to limit visitors for a month or so until they build up their immune systems. It's hard to think that this has been so challenging, but once they are here the challenge of keeping them healthy continues. I guess I was under the impression that once I have the babies and they are home then welcome world. We could have people over, go places, go for walks, etc. but really we have to be overprotective once we are home for a while too. One thing on our side is that it will be summer, so there are less bugs going around. If we had them in the winter, they wouldn't be allowed visitors for months. Sorry for the bad news about seeing the babies, but once we are home and establish a schedule we can just make sure not a lot of people are over at one time and to stock up on Purell! Yes, because of everything they told me in the nursery I will be one of those moms obsessed with people sanitizing their hands before they hold the babies! It will pass soon enough though! They are all boys, it is eminent that dirt will be a part of our daily lives and I can't wait for it-but for now use Purell!
Well I've had enough sitting up for the day. I am starting to contract again. I will try to be better at updating the blog but I can't make promisses as it's day by day as to how I will feel.
No comments:
Post a Comment